ITS Messaging Service
ITS messages are sent by ITS technical owners or functional system owners who need to reach targeted internal and external audiences and to post information to the web.
To post to the status page or to send a message, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email alias email@example.com reaches a team of people - Campus Communications, ITS Help Desk and the Data Center - which ensures that these central points of contact are getting the same information.
- Send email request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words UNPLANNED or URGENT Planned in the subject of the message request so we may easily identify the type of request.
- Follow up with a call to the ITS Data Center 203-432-6506.
- Please provide (removed) contact information to the Data Center for the specific incident and confirm the wording of the posting.
- Send updates to email@example.com. For critical events, Operations will contact the event owner hourly for information to update the Status Page.
For planned outages and/or requests for targeted email to be sent:
- Send email request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the word PLANNED, UNPLANNED or URGENT in the subject of the message request so we may easily identify the type of request (message will be sent/posted ASAP or within 48 hours).
- For emergency requests, send email to email@example.com and call the ITS Data Center 203-432-6506.
Note: Additional approval must be obtained for mass emailing.
To prepare your message or status announcement, follow the procedures in the right column. We encourage you to ask us to add templates if they would be helpful.
Remember to include address information:
|Descriptive name of recipients|
|Name (or names) and valid email account|
|Subject of message (be descriptive)|
REPLY TO (optional):
|(Optional) Valid email address – can be different than FROM address|